The Boston Police Department said it is investigating whether one of its officers took part last week in a rally and ensuing siege on the US Capitol, and the agency is examining social media posts in which the alleged officer threatened Vice President Mike Pence.
Police spokesman Sergeant Detective John Boyle declined to identify the officer, but confirmed the alleged social media posts that are at the center of the investigation.
Those posts are no longer available on the social media platform Twitter, but were captured by another Twitter user and publicly shared with the department. Boyle, who had said earlier this week that the department was not aware of any officers involved in the rally or riots, said Thursday the department would investigate after the Globe raised questions.
This discussion has ended. Please join elsewhere on Boston.com